You may remember that many months ago the North Cluster Food Bank (located on the grounds of Pine Grove United Methodist Church on Middletown Road) was destroyed in an unfortunate accident.
We have good news! With the help of many dedicated volunteers, a new building has been erected and they need help filling the shelves for the families who rely on the food bank for their basic necessities.
The Zone wants to help!
We will be holding a FOOD DRIVE
in the parking lot of lot of the food bank on:
Thursday, August 9th from 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Pine Grove United Methodist Church – Rayville
19401 Middletown Road
Parkton, MD 21120
We need your help and are asking that you get together with friends, family and neighbors to purchase and donate:
- Canned meat – tuna, salmon, spam, vienna sausage, corned beef hash, chicken, sloppy joe, deviled ham, potted meat, sardines, etc.
- Canned veggies – corn, peas, asparagus, beets (green beans aren’t needed at this time)
- Fresh produce – consider sharing squash, potatoes, etc. from your garden
- Canned fruits of all kinds
- Canned beans of all kinds
- Fruit Juices of all kinds
- Paper Products – paper towels, tissues, napkins
- Personal Care Products – toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, soap, feminine care, etc.
- Cleaning Products
- Pet Products
- Monetary donations are welcome – a great option if you don’t have time to shop.
There are many children who rely on the services of the food bank and would love to have the following available for packing school lunches in September :
Peanut Butter * Jelly * Tuna * Individual Snack packs * Fruit cups * Pudding cups * Fruit juice boxes/pouches, etc.
We thank you in advance for your help and look forward to seeing you with donations in hand on August 9th!
If you can’t stop by on Thursday, please consider making a donation to this or another food bank in your area, at your convenience. They ALWAYS need donations and would be glad to share a list of their current needs if you give them a call.