We’ve all been there, here are some of my excuses – because “it’s easy” and because “the kids will eat it, I don’t feel like arguing over brussel sprouts tonight” or my favorite “it doesn’t use an excessive amount of pots and pans which means less clean up for me” (I’m really not kidding here!).
Well here is a great recipe to try that busts through all of those excuses and gives you the opportunity to spice things up a little, throwing a new recipe into that cycle…Pumpkin Chili!
Pumpkin Chili?!? Yes, you heard us right and the bonus is – it tastes good and is good for you!
Lauren’s Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion; diced
- 1 Green pepper; diced
- 1 can (15oz)Light kidney beans; drained
- 1 can (15oz) Black beans; drained
- 1 can (10oz) Sweet corn; drained
- 3 cans (15oz)Tomatoes; not drained
- 1 can (15oz) Pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1.5 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar (use the splenda equivelant)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 clove Minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Brown & drain ground turkey.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8+ hours, until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite toppings – sour cream, cheese, fritos…
Give it a try and then come back to let us know what you think!
Thanks to Lauren LeBrun for submitting today’s Tasty Tuesday recipe. If you have a recipe you’d like to share, please e-mail it to email@example.com and look for it to appear on an upcoming Tasty Tuesday!