Here’s one for the recipe books that you’ll want to make over and over again. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups pumpkin (fresh or canned – not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cup flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and set to the side.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients gradually to pumpkin mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased 10×15 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 1- 3oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 2 tblsp milk
- Combine the first four ingredients, beat well.
- Add milk gradually until frosting meets appropriate consistency. (the softer the butter, the less milk you will need).
When bars have cooled, add frosting and serve.
For an added variation – pour the batter into cupcake tins and top icing with walnut pieces. Yummm