Our “Brownies with benefits” recipe was such a hit that we thought we’d share another recipe with benefits that was forwarded to us by one of our readers, Michele Wieland (you may remember her from a series of “Mom on a Mission” blogs she wrote for us in August). We’re told they are a family favorite!
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin (plain pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 boxed, Devils Food cake mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Spoon mix evenly into a lined, or lightly sprayed, muffin pan .
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve plain or topped with icing of your choice (we imagine a cream cheese icing might be yummy on these!)
*Experiment with this recipe by adding raisins, nuts, berries, etc. You can also switch up the cake mix for a different flavor. Get creative and let us know how it goes!
Michele says, “YUMMM and they taste NOTHING like pumpkin. My kids ask for them and eat them with no icing that is a WINNING recipe in my book 🙂 Give them a try”
Big thanks to Michele for sharing this recipe. She’ll be receiving her choice of a t-shirt or mug as a thank you from The Zone! Visit this blog entry to see how you too can get your own t-shirt or mug by sending us your favorite recipe!
Now go try this recipe and let us know what you think!