Happy Tasty Tuesday! We know you have some great recipes of your own. Don’t be greedy… e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, if we use your recipe, we’ll send you a t-shirt or mug as a thank you!
As for this week, we’ve got a great one for you! Who doesn’t love a good pasta recipe? This one is easy, delicious and great for the whole family. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces Cavatappi (cork screw macaroni)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook cavatappi according to package directions.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil, yogurt, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, pepper, basil leaves and parsley leaves into a blender.
- Cover and blend on medium speed for about 2 minutes until almost smooth. Stop and clean the blender sides occasionally.
- In a 10-inch skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add pesto mixture and tomatoes and heat through.