Today’s recipe is brought to you courtesy of Nestle’s Toll House, at the request of my children. This is one of their all time favorite desserts and it’s one of my favorites too because it couldn’t be any easier to make.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.