Tasty Tuesday is here again and a local Hereford woman has shared her super tasty taco salad with us all. Enjoy!
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bag (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag white tortilla chips
- 1 bottle (8oz or 12oz) Thousand Island dressing
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Cook and brown ground beef in a frying pan, add taco seasoning to beef, let cool.
- Chop up lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
- Mix together beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and cheese.
- Smash and crush up the tortilla chips.
- In separate bowl, mix Thousand Island dressing and sugar
- Add crushed tortilla chips and mixed dressing to the other ingredients
Best served at room temperature but can be served cold or even heated slightly. Serve it in a chip bowl with a big spoon and put sour cream in the middle; you can also serve with guacamole, or add “scoop tortilla chips” in a separate bowl and use it as a dip. There are many possibilities!
Thanks to Shelly Bilello (of Hereford) for this recipe!
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share ? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.