Are you looking for a light, refreshing way to cool off this summer? Then you must give this Watermelon Granita recipe a try. What’s a granita? Think slushy or italian ice. It’s super easy and delicious. You can make these sans alcohol for the whole family or give it a little spike if serving at an upcoming adults only party.
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon (cubed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- very small watermelon wedges (for garnish)
- 2/3 cup vodka (optional)
- Puree watermelon in food processor or blender.
- Add sugar, lime juice and vodka (if desired), pulse just until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan and freeze for 2 -3 hours making sure to stir the mixture every hour so as to mix the ice crystals into the middle of the pan.
- Remove pan from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Scrape and serve into chilled glasses, garnish with small watermelon wedges and serve immediately with a spoon.
makes 8 1-cup servings.
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share ? E-mail it to email@example.com.