This recipe has elicited more than one “this is the best lemonade ever!” comment from children & lemonade stand patrons alike. It’s easy to make and uses all natural ingredients. No instant drink mixes here.
Since summer appears to have arrived a little earlier than expected, we thought we would share this recipe with you in hopes that it will help you to stay cool by the pool.
- 2 cups of 100% lemon juice (freshly squeezed or from the bottle)
- 2 cups of sugar (this will make very sweet lemonade, you may want to reduce slightly)
- cold water
- pitcher (2-3 quarts)
- Make a simple syrup by pouring the sugar and 2 cups of water into a microwave safe bowl and place in microwave for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved (this is an important step to make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved throughout the lemonade and doesn’t just settle at the bottom of your pitcher).
- Fill 1/4 of your pitcher with ice and add the lemon juice.
- Add the simple syrup you made in step 1 and stir.
- Add cold water, while continuing to stir, until the pitcher is full.
That’s it! Now serve in a nice tall glass with ice with a lemon wedge. Add sun & fun and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share ? E-mail it to email@example.com.