Rainy days are soup days and nothing tastes better than a big bowl of Mom’s homemade chicken noodle soup. Can you get chicken noodle soup out of a can or box? Of course you can but it’s just not the same. Follow this recipe for a delicious pot of soup that will make you a hit with everyone in your home. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups of water
- 32 oz. carton of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 package of extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon or two chicken bouillon cubes
- Pour water into a large soup pot, add bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken in water and return to a boil. Cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, saute carrots, celery and onion in oil until soft (approximately 5 minutes)
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add carton of chicken broth to pot, along with carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and follow instructions on package to cook.
- Chop cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- When noodles are ready, add chopped chicken to pot and stir.
That’s it! Now serve up bowls of this delicious soup to your family and wait for them to ask for seconds. This is guaranteed to become a family favorite.
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share ? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.