The nice weather is here to stay and folks are eager to fire up their grills and begin the season of outdoor dining. Instead of heading for that plain, old burger. Why not get creative and impress your family and friends with this delicious recipe!
Cranberry Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey **
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat barbecue to medium-high and lightly grease grills.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and form into six patties. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until meat is no longer pink in center.
Serve immediately on nice fluffy buns with choice of condiments and your favorite grilled veggies on the side.
Per Serving (1 Patty): 177 Calories; 9g Fat; 16g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 54mg Sodium.
**VEGETARIANS: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground turkey.
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share with the community? E-mail it to email@example.com.